Fortnite used to be available in the iOS App Store but was removed in 2020 due to an ongoing legal dispute between Epic Games and Apple. Still, iPhone and iPad users can play Fortnite utilizing a few different methods, detailed below.
iOS users can play Fortnite on iPhone/iPad using cloud streaming services such as Xbox Cloud Gaming, Amazon Luna, and NVIDIA GeForce NOW. All you need is a high-speed, stable internet connection and a supported iOS device to start playing Fortnite directly in your Safari internet browser.
How to Play Fortnite on iPhone and iPad
Fortnite can be played on iPhone/iPad using cloud gaming or the web browser on your iOS device. Below we detail three different methods, Xbox Cloud Gaming, Amazon Luna, and NVIDIA GeForce NOW, to play Fortnite on iOS.
Xbox Cloud Gaming
To play Fortnite with Xbox Cloud Gaming requires a Microsoft account and high-speed internet. Follow the steps below to start playing:
- Visit Xbox.com/play on your mobile browser and sign in using your Microsoft account.
- Find Fortnite in the list of available games and press “Play”.
- Once Fortnite boots up, sign in or create an Epic Games account to start playing. Your progress and unlocks will be shared between all devices associated with the Epic Games account.
Xbox Cloud Gaming supports controller and touchpad controls. You can use Xbox Cloud Gaming to play Fortnite with friends on any platform, including PC, console, and mobile devices.
Amazon Luna is another way to play Fortnite using cloud streaming via the browser on your iOS device. Amazon Prime members already have Amazon Luna included with their membership. If you don’t have an Amazon Prime membership, you can sign up for Amazon Luna+ to stream Fortnite and many other games. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Visit amazon.com/luna/getting-started using the Safari browser on your iOS device.
- Select the iPhone/iPad option and press “Play now in Safari”.
- Once you accept the Amazon Luna terms & conditions, choose Fortnite from the library of available games and press “Play Now”.
- You will be prompted to sign in or create an Epic Games account. This gives you access to cross-progression while playing Fortnite on any device.
- As long as you meet the iOS minimum requirements and have a high-speed internet connection, you are now ready to start playing Fortnite on your iPhone/iPad!
NVIDIA GeForce NOW
NVIDIA GeForce NOW is a cloud streaming service that supports multiple devices, including iPhone and iPad. NVIDIA offers a free GeForce NOW membership to try out playing Fortnite for a limited time, but you’ll want to upgrade to the premium membership for full access to the game. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Visit nvidia.com/geforce-now/fortnite-mobile via the Safari browser on your iOS device.
- Sign in or create a GeForce NOW account to get started.
- Once signed in to your GeForce NOW account, select the “Launch iOS Safari” option.
- Choose Fortnite from the GeForce NOW library of games and press “Play”.
- Upon startup, you’ll be asked to sign in or create an Epic Games account. This gives you access to cross-progression between devices.
- After signing in with an Epic Games account, you’ll be ready to start playing Fortnite right in your iOS Safari browser!
Since NVIDIA GeForce NOW is a cloud streaming service, it requires a high-speed and stable internet connection for the best experience while playing Fortnite. GeForce NOW supports touch controls and a variety of controller gamepad devices.