The Prestige and Ranks system is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2’s progression that rewards players for leveling up and playing the game. This guide explains the Modern Warfare 2 Prestige and Ranks system so you can better understand how progression works and what rewards can be earned.
The Modern Warfare 2 Prestige system begins once players reach the maximum Rank of 55. Players earn a new Prestige Rank approximately every 50 levels after Rank 55. Each Prestige Rank rewards players with a unique Emblem and challenges that unlock a Calling Card. Modern Warfare 2 will continue to raise the maximum Prestige Rank with each released new season.
Table of Contents
MW2 Prestige and Ranks explained
Rank in Modern Warfare 2 is your account level as you progress through the game. Players Rank-up by gaining experience through playing games and completing challenges.
Rank and Prestige progression in Modern Warfare 2 is shared across Multiplayer, Warzone 2.0, and DMZ mode, so you can continue to level up your Rank and Prestige no matter your game mode.
The Modern Warfare 2 Prestige system allows players to progress once they reach the maximum Rank of 55. Once players level up to Rank 56, they are automatically awarded Prestige Rank 1, a unique emblem, and a set of challenges that unlock a calling card.
After reaching Prestige Rank 1, players earn a new Prestige Rank approximately every 50 levels. Each new Prestige Rank unlocked comes with an Emblem and a set of challenges that unlock a Calling Card.
The highest possible Prestige Rank in Modern Warfare 2 is currently Prestige 9, Rank 450. The arrival of Season 2 added four new Prestige Ranks, and more Prestige Ranks will be added in future seasons.
Here are the Modern Warfare 2 Prestige levels and the Rank at which each is unlocked.:
- Prestige 1: Unlocked at Rank 56
- Prestige 2: Unlocked at Rank 100
- Prestige 3: Unlocked at Rank 150
- Prestige 4: Unlocked at Rank 200
- Prestige 5: Unlocked at Rank 250
- Prestige 6: Unlocked at Rank 300
- Prestige 7: Unlocked at Rank 350
- Prestige 8: Unlocked at Rank 400
- Prestige 9: Unlocked at Rank 450 (max Season 2 level)
How to Prestige in Modern Warfare 2
The Modern Warfare 2 Prestige system works differently than past Call of Duty games; no action is required to enter Prestige Rank 1. Players automatically enter Prestige Rank 1 once they reach Rank 56 and earn a new Prestige Rank approximately every 50 levels.
Experience points are the key to achieving new Prestige Ranks in Modern Warfare 2. Players earn XP by playing matches, completing daily challenges, and completing career milestone challenges.
Leveling weapons and completing weapon challenges is another fast way to Rank-up in Modern Warfare 2. Our guide on how to level up guns fast in Warzone 2 is an excellent resource to progress quickly in Modern Warfare 2.
How to equip Prestige Emblems and Calling Cards in MW2
Follow these steps to equip Prestige Emblems and Calling Cards in Modern Warfare 2:
- Start up Call of Duty and head to the main menu.
- Select the game mode you wish to play: Multiplayer, Warzone 2.0, or DMZ mode.
- Navigate to the Customize tab at the top of the screen.
- Choose Emblem or Calling Card to see a catalog of locked and unlocked items.
- If you’ve already unlocked Prestige Emblems and Calling Cards, select them from your inventory to equip them.
- The Emblem and Calling Card you equip will be visible to other players in-game!