Do you want to uninstall Valorant to free up space on your computer, or are you just sick of the game? Riot Games makes removing Valorant from your computer tricky due to the Vanguard anti-cheat. But don’t worry, we have you covered. This guide will detail how to uninstall Valorant in 3 simple steps.
To completely uninstall Valorant from your PC, close and uninstall the Riot Vanguard anti-cheat. You can then uninstall Valorant and save approximately 30 GB of storage space on your computer.
1) Exit Riot Vanguard anti-cheat
Before Valorant can be uninstalled on your computer, Riot Game’s anti-cheat software, Riot Vanguard, must be closed and uninstalled. Here’s how to close the Riot Vanguard anti-cheat:
- First, head to your System Tray in the bottom right corner of your windows desktop.
- Right-click on the Riot Vanguard icon and select Exit Vanguard.
- Riot Vanguard will no longer be running on your computer and can be removed from storage.
2) Uninstall Riot Vanguard anti-cheat
Now that Riot Vanguard is no longer running in the background, take the following steps to remove it from your computer:
- Go to the search bar on your Windows desktop and search for ‘add or remove programs.’
- Click ‘Open’ to see a list of all the apps and programs currently installed on your computer.
- Right-click on Riot Vanguard and select Uninstall to remove the program from your computer.
3) Uninstall Valorant
We can now uninstall Valorant using the same steps we used to uninstall Riot Vanguard:
- Find the search bar on your Windows desktop and search for ‘add or remove programs.’
- Select ‘Open’ for a complete list of apps and programs installed on your PC.
- Right-click on Valorant and choose Uninstall to remove Valorant from your PC.