Have you ever wished that your Fortnite display name was something different? There’s no way to change your display name in the Fortnite settings, but it’s still possible to choose a different display name, and the process will differ depending on which platform you use. This guide will detail how to change your Fortnite name on PC, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, and Mobile.
Changing your name in Fortnite depends on the platform you play on. PC, Mac, Switch, and mobile players can change their Fortnite name by changing their Epic Games display name. Xbox and PlayStation players can change their Fortnite name by changing their Xbox Gamertag or PlayStation ID in the console settings.
What is an Epic Games display name?
The Epic Games display name is the name associated with your Epic Games account. This name is visible when playing any Epic Games game, like Fortnite, on PC, Mac, Switch, and mobile. Xbox and PlayStation players can make an Epic Games Display name, but their in-game Fortnite name will display as their Xbox Gamertag or PSN ID. Read below to learn how to change your Fortnite name on each platform.
How to change your Fortnite name on PC/Mac, Switch, and mobile
Changing your Fortnite name on PC, Mac, Switch, and mobile is as simple as changing your Epic Games display name. You can change your Epic Games display name once every two weeks. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Visit epicgames.com/account and sign in with your Epic Games account details.
- Under Account Settings, input your desired Fortnite name in the Display Name box.
- Press Save at the bottom of the page to finalize the name change.
The Epic Games display name you choose for Fortnite must be between 3 and 16 characters and comply with the Epic Games community guidelines.
How to change your Fortnite name on Xbox
Your Fortnite name on Xbox will display as the Xbox Gamertag you choose. To change your Fortnite name on Xbox, you need to change your Xbox Gamertag. Follow the steps below to get started:
- First, head to System & Profile in the Xbox settings.
- Select My Profile, then Customize Profile, and choose your Gamertag.
- Enter your desired Gamertag and press Check Availability to see if the name is available.
- Once you’ve found an available name, select Change Gamertag to lock in your new name.
It’s important to know that Xbox only allows one free name change per Xbox Live account. Microsoft may charge you a fee to change your Xbox Gamertag more than once.
How to change your Fortnite name on PlayStation
PlayStation player’s Fortnite names are associated with their PSN ID. Changing your PSN ID is the only way to change your Fortnite name in-game. Follow the steps below to learn how to change your PSN ID:
- Head to Account Management in the PlayStation settings and select Account Information.
- Select Profile, choose Online ID, and enter your desired online ID.
- Once your new ID is accepted it will be your display name across all PlayStation games, including Fortnite.
Sony allows all PlayStation players one ID change free of charge. Each subsequent ID change will incur a fee.