The default Apex Legends reticle color, red, is not the most visible color for every situation. Luckily, Apex Legends added the ability to customize reticle color to use a reticle with improved visibility and tracking. This guide will detail how to change reticle color in Apex Legends, so you can make the ultimate crosshair.
All players can change their Apex Legends reticle color using the in-game settings in the Gameplay tab, and PC players can customize their reticle color with launch options. Our best reticle color for Apex Legends guide details colors and RGB codes for ultra-visible crosshairs.
Table of Contents
How to change Apex Legends reticle color in-game
All Apex Legends players, on PC and console, can change the color of their reticle in-game using the settings menu.
- First, boot up Apex Legends and head to the settings menu by pressing the ESC key or clicking the settings icon in the main menu’s bottom right corner.
- Once in the settings menu, navigate to the Gameplay tab and scroll until you find Reticle Customize.
- The Reticle Customization menu has preset colors to choose from, and players can use the sliders to create their own preset by customizing hue and saturation. Furthermore, players can input a three-number RGB code to create a custom reticle color.
Put your new reticle color through some tests before you use it in a real game. Head to the Firing Range and practice using different sights at different ranges and backgrounds to ensure your new reticle is visible in any scenario.
How to change your Apex reticle color using launch options (PC only)
PC players can change their reticle color using Apex Legends’ custom launch options.
- Go to your Apex Legends game launcher, right-click on Apex Legends, and select Properties. Enter this text in the Launch Options area: +reticle_color “X X X”. Substitute the X’s with the three RGB code numbers you wish to use for your custom reticle numbers.
- Save your new launch options. The next time you boot up Apex Legends, your custom reticle color will be applied!
Advantages of using a custom reticle color in Apex Legends
The reticle color you choose for Apex Legends needs to be visible in all scenarios so that you can effectively track targets. When fighting near the orange zone, the default red reticle can become hard to see.
The best crosshair color for Apex Legends contrasts the environment while not completely blocking out the target your aiming at. Check out our guide on the best reticle color for Apex Legends to see recommendations of custom reticle colors that can help improve your aim and tracking.